Your bargaining committee for Western and Central WA counted the returned ballots today. There were 2213 Total ballots returned out of the 9065 that were mailed out for a 24.4% return rate.
The Contract proposal was ratified with a 81 % Yes vote.
The Total Vote was: 1797 to Accept and 412 to Reject the offer.
The breakdown by area was as follows:
Western WA: 1709 Accept 407 Reject – 81%
Central WA: 88 Accept 5 Reject – 95%
4 ballots were disqualified
We have a proposal from the Oregon-Columbia chapter of the AGC which they have asked to be taken to the membership. This proposal is for wages and fringes from June 1, 2012- May 31, 2013
The proposal is:
Monetary increase: Eighty three cents ($0.83) total package
Old work protection: private projects bid prior to June 1, 2012 will be protected from monetary increases until December 31, 2012
Your bargaining team does not have a recommendation and is neutral on this proposal.
Synopsis of AGC of Western and Central Washington Tentative Agreement
The Bargaining Committee unanimously recommends a “YES” vote.
- Three year agreement
- 1st year $1.10 total package increase
- $0.58 to wages, $0.50 to Healthcare and $0.02 to Training
- 2nd year $1.25 total package increase
- $1.23 to wages and $0.02 to Training
- 3rd year $1.50 total package increase
- $1.48 to wages and $0.02 to Training
Represents an 8% increase over 3 years.
- Effective upon ratification – no retro
- Journeyman Millwright premium increases $0.10 to $1.10
- Journeyman Piledriver premium increases $0.05 to $0.25
- Direct deposit may be implemented Company-wide
- New Scaffold Erector Classification added
- Ability to move money from wages into benefits if needed
- Grievance process amended to include mandatory mediation
Clean-up – language cleanup needed
- All references to Local Union Jurisdiction removed
- Boundary between Eastern WA bargaining area and Central WA bargaining area is the 120th meridian
- Central Dispatch language added
- Dues deduction rate changed from 3.85% to 4%
- International Training Fund language adjusted
- Tool sharpening language removed from agreement
- Central Washington and Divers Addendum to be negotiated separately
Concessions - Subcontractor, Overtime, Holiday Pay, Lay off/Payoff, Tide Work, Show-up Time and Lunch provisions remain the same despite the Employer’s desire to alter them.
- Straight time work hours expanded to 5:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- 4-10 shift allowed Tuesday through Friday with a voluntary make up day on Saturday
- 4-10 Holiday week shift allowed with a voluntary make up day on Saturday
- Prevailed wage projects – Wages may be frozen for two years from start of project instead of from notice to proceed.
- City of Seattle Sick Leave waiver included
- Reimbursement for Toll roads eliminated